Friday, June 3, 2011

Kiwanis Kids {Discovery}

Kiwanis Kids, aka K-Kids, is a  student-led community-service organization, which operates under school regulations and draws its members from the student body.
That's my sons' school and my eldest, who incidentally, educated me on what K-Kids is and how great it is for our community.  I went to the first K-Kids car wash fundraiser to see my son at work and took some photos I only posted on my personal blog but for this second car wash, in addition to getting my car washed, I volunteered my time and talent to photograph these amazingly warm-hearted students at work in and for their community.
This son of mine has completed Elementary School here at Discovery but he is the oldest of four and my second son has already expressed interest in joining K-Kids next year as it is currently for the fifth and sixth graders only.  My third son wants to join as well but will have to wait another year and I look forward to finding out if my youngest (who will be attending Discovery for the first year, Kindergarten, this Fall) will follow in his big brothers' footsteps and make his mark on our community as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment